[Fwd: [NAMESU] Question from Hawaii--Piano Rebuilding]

Richard West rwest1@unl.edu
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:25:37 -0600

Fred:

PTG does have some official definitions that have been written down.
 PTG Board Policies states:

Rebuilt Piano Definition: A used piano that has been disassembled,
inspected, and repaired as necessary with replacement of all worn or
deteriorated parts, re-assembled, tested, and approved to at least the
same tolerances as a new piano of like manufacture.

Reconditioned Piano Definition: A used piano that has been put back in
good condition by cleaning, repairing and adjusting for maximum
performance with replacement parts where specifically indicated.

These might be good starting points in addition to what you have written.

Richard West