[Fwd: [NAMESU] Question from Hawaii--Piano Rebuilding]

Fred S. Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 13:26:54 -0700

And then I got thinking a little more, and added:
   In addition to my previous post, I should mention that the College and
University Technicians committee
of the Piano Technicians Guild is just now completing revisions to the
document "Guidelines for Effective Institutional Piano Maintenance," and
that this document would be helpful to your colleagues in dealing with
piano maintenance issues. It will be available on-line at our web-site
<www.ptg.org/caut> in about a month (the earlier, 1990 version is there
now). We are also in the process of developing additional materials, which
we hope will include sample contracts, both for ongoing
service/tuning/maintenance and for rebuilding. And we provide ongoing
educational opportunities at various seminars around the country, including
our national, annual convention and institute (this summer in Dallas, first
week of July).
Fred Sturm