shell-shock

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 13:38:47 EST

In a message dated 2/1/2003 12:51:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sckline@attbi.com writes:

> but if you want to get it further into the core of the hammer, why don't you
> apply it from the sides?

Hi, Susan. Sorry, I've forgotten whom we are addressing, so I'll just speak
generally. I have juiced from the side on a few occasions, but there is one
thing to watch out for. When adding juice from the perimeter, I find it
pretty easy to see and control where it's going, how much, and how deep. From
the sides, especially on a previously lacquered hammer which this is likely
to be, you have to be REALLY careful with the flow rate and drop counting.
It's much harder to tell from the appearance how much you have put in and how
deep it is going, and if the flow rate is a little fast, it takes off toward
the strike area, giving uneven results. It seems to want to spread more than
soak in.

Bob Davis
University of the Pacific
Stockton, CA