words technical w/piano question

Sat, 1 Feb 2003 10:13:33 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Granoff" <gjg2@humboldt.edu>
To: "College and University Technicians" <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: January 31, 2003 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: words technical w/piano question

> Well, if at first you don't succeed....  My favorite is the neanderthal
> stage tech who, when he heard it was time to remove the pedals (the piano
> was already on the skid on its side) simply grabbed the closest lyre
> propstick and pulled, breaking it cleanly in half.

... or the stage hands who thought it would be fun to drag-race the M&H BB
across the stage. Don't fret the equipment crate in the middle of the floor
and shouldn't calculations of the amount of momentum possessed by a BB once
it's up to 10 or 15 mph be left to the engineering students? Not even
ripping the lyre off the bottom of the piano was enough to stop it. It also
did a good job on the back leg. Ah, well, the stuff they were smoking dulled
at least their own personal pain...

Del