words technical w/piano question

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:45:27 -0600

>  And don't even get me
>started on the dimbulb who actually --I kid you not-- opened the locked top
>of an S&S D by yanking so hard he left the lock bar behind, with its 8 lag
>screw ends poking up forlornly in mid-air with little wood crumblies and
>splinters still attached to them, still locked to the front stringer.  I
>still wonder to this day why the lock didn't pull out instead-- the lock bar
>screw holes must have been close to being, but not quite stripped already,
>is all I can think.  :-)
>Greg

No doubt kin to the guy who lifted the lid of an Everett studio. You know,
the ones with the Allen head bolts in the back? Left the lid bobbing in the
air (supported by the bent brackets in back) like one of those
spring-headed dash board ornaments. I thought it was sort of cute, but they
decided hinges might be a better option in the long run.

Ron N