Touch Weight

madelyn mrykalo madvinmryk@yahoo.com
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:01:06 -0800 (PST)

Well put, Jim.  And point well taken.  I am pursuing moment of inertia for evenness, and the relationship between sharps and naturals, not to reduce it.

James Ellis <claviers@nxs.net> wrote:
Don A. Gilmore, mechanical engineer, Kansas City, is exactly right.

<snip>

You can go through the whole tedious process of calculating the moments of
inertia of the entire action, and adding it all up. etc., etc.

<snip>

I used to weigh off keys by concentrating the leads toward the centers in
order to reduce the moment of inertia of the keys, but I came to the
conclusion that it was just not worth it, and I quit doing it that way.

That's the point I was making, and I am sticking with it.

Merry Christmas,

Jim Ellis

Vince Mrykalo
University of Utah