harpsichord moving?

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:27:20 -0600

For what it may be worth-- we had a similar problem with finding a safe
means to move our fortepiano on and off and around the stage.  After some
checking around, I ended up having Jansen modify a concert piano truck to
fit this 8' piano. We added wood blocks to the square plates that accept
the tapered legs of the piano. Seems to work fine, except that it moves
while playing a little more than we like.  Not suggesting someone use those
heavy trucks on a harpsichord, but in my experience the Fortepianos pose an
even bigger problem.  We just carry the harpsichord when needed, but it
also happens to be fairly light.

good luck-

dennis johnson