Interesting Story (OT)

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:28:05 -0800

At 11:34 AM 12/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Why don't you try to go out and find a decent tool at your local hardware
>store?  You can't.

Luckily, I still can, some of the time. Corvallis has a couple of very good
hardware stores. One, in particular, dates back to the 19th century, and is
still a fun place to visit. I buy there in preference to the big stores.

For instance, I decided I wanted to fill out my motley assortment of number
drills. Instead of buying a set on the web from some damned Hong Kong
place, I rooted through Robnett's old wooden open-faced boxes.

The selection is different in a neat old store. And one can buy a single
bolt, nut, etc. Not so many little poly bags full of not quite what one wants.

Susan

(Robnett's Hardware, LIVE FOREVER!)