Interesting Story (OT)

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:43:46 -0500

Hi Susan,
We do still have a similar store here, but my point was that these
types of stores, and the higher grade products along with them, are
being gradually squeezed out, just like the other decades old companies
that Wally World and the other super stores have put out of business.
I go there when I can, but its difficult when they're only open when
everybody else is at work.  The Wal Marts are 24-hour, and Home Depots
and Lowe's are open from 7am to 10 pm, probably making more sales while
"mom and pop" are having dinner than mom and pop make in a week.

Jeff