clavichord

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:48:39 -0700

Dennis,

Are the keys supposed to bottom out onto a key punching or something? The
keys on this one don't have a bottom, so it is just a springy feeling.
Because the pitch is dependent on keystroke, it is bending all the time. So
where in the keystroke do you tune?

As you can see, I am fairly clueless about these beasts. Perhaps because
this is only one of two that I have seen and I have seen nothing in print
about the technical aspects of them.

Thanks.

Alan