Re. HVAC systems (Jim Ellis)

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:41:59 -0600

	I just want to put in a plug here to all of you who have an interest in
humidity control (that's everyone, right?): come to the CAUT presentations
in Dallas this summer.
	Period one, you'll have an opportunity to listen to, and ask questions of,
an engineer who specializes in HVAC systems, and has real world experience
dealing with a humidity control system in a university music building.
Claud Kissman, a
mechanical engineer at the University of Texas-Austin with more than 28
years of experience in facility design and maintenance, will be the
presenter.  From the brochure, "A past VP of Certification with the
Association
for Facilities Engineering, a Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in
Texas and a Certified Plant Engineer (CPE), Mr. Kissman is an
experienced presenter and highly regarded for his work with the humidity
control system at the UT School of Music in Austin."
	Period two, Roger Wheelock will talk about the use of Dampp-Chaser systems
in institutions, including the latest available designs and equipment, and
results of data gathering by many of our peers around the world (through
the Dickson Data-logger loan program).
	Period three, we'll have a panel discussion by technicians on how they
deal with humidity control. I am still seeking an additional panelist for
this, so please contact me if any of you are interested and willing.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico