Questions about key bushings. - bushing material -tools

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:22:21 +0200

Re: Questions about key bushings.Thanks Ed,

Did you use Renner leather, kanguroo  (who sell it )?

I believe the wear is not really an option, do you follow that instrument,
is new Ballistol application necessary sometime ?
Friction certainly appears more on short keyboards, I wonder also about
using leather on brass key pins, may be with time the key pin is wearing
more than usual.

I seem to recall that the German pianos with leather bushings have iron pins
(and not bras plated ones) , but I am unsure of that.

Any idea welcome.

Nowadays I'll do that as an experiment, and we have the opportunity to look
at the wear and compare between similar instruments.

It is unrealistic to expect the schools to pay 300$ and more every 3 or 4
years for new key bushings at this moment, but for sure I will include that
in the maintenance course.

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.