Bass string fest

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:44:57 -0700

"not too bad, considering" Wow. Those pianos are getting some play! That's
certainly one of the differences between a conservatory and your basic
university where I reside.

My predecessor here had the back of a bookshelf as his bass string storage
area. Just a couple rows of nails with strings hung. Once upon a time there
was order, though never spiffy. Now just a tangled, springy chaos. I don't
look back there. Too scary.

Alan

Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
509-359-7017
amccoy@mail.ewu.edu

  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL)
  Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 9:01 AM
  To: 'College and University Technicians'
  Subject: RE: Bass string fest

  I just checked…we’ve replaced 16 bass strings since school started at the
end of Sept… not too bad, considering. Most of this breakage is in the piano
major rooms where the pianos do get pounded on. Obviously I don’t place an
order with Mapes every week, though I check.

  Eric Wolfley

  Head Piano Technician

  Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music

  University of Cincinnati