HT help

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:53:35 EST

In a message dated 4/1/03 10:43:29 AM Central Standard Time,
drwoodwind@hotmail.com writes:

> Normally, the "dial by numbers" approach produces consistant results.  Did
> you use a saved tuning?  Or, are you confident that the SAT calculation
> produces an even enough ET to just go with the numbers on that piano?
> Do you remember any specifics about what he liked, or didn't like?
>
> Ron Koval
> Concordia U.

The tech is an RPT, and familiar with HT's. He used an SATIII to do the
tuning, but then "tweaked" it. Then he recorded the different numbers.
Interestingly, when I re-tune just the middle octave, I made very tiny little
correction, (one or two cents), on only a couple of notes. That is why I
asked if the different instruments make a difference in ho wit sounds.

Wim