HT help

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:42:58 +0000

Hi Wim,

Ok, we have a mystery.  I think the best approach may be to find out who the
tech was that tuned the Jousse for him previously.  There are two Jousse
temperaments, though one is a quasi-equal, very close to ET, so I doubt that
it would be asked for by name.  You'll want to find out if the previous
successfull tuning was a "dial by numbers" tuning, or an aural recipe.  It
could possibly be that it wasn't a Jousse at all.... which leads back to the
previous tech again.

Normally, the "dial by numbers" approach produces consistant results.  Did
you use a saved tuning?  Or, are you confident that the SAT calculation
produces an even enough ET to just go with the numbers on that piano?
Do you remember any specifics about what he liked, or didn't like?

Ron Koval
Concordia U.

A visiting professor had me tune a Boston 193 (6'4") to a Jousse