EBVT Offsets (compilation)

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 11:20:29 -0500

Ron-
    The Equal-beating Victorian Temperaments, as I understand them, which is
very little, and from the outside listening in, are the most complex
temperament designs I'm aware of.  The game is to produce equal or
harmonious ratios between as many triad related intervals as possible.
    Thus, if you adjust G to improve the ratios in the C Major triad, what
happens to the ratios in G Major or Eb Major?  Much more complex than the
adjustments needed to produce approximate ET on a poorly scaled instrument.
You have to really want it to get it!
    At least this is how I understand what the EBVT is about.  Corrections
gladly accepted.
    Ed Sutton