Fortepiano Wire (was Re: Brass wire)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:07:02 -0600

Hi Fred,

>     You're a dreamer.

Yes, I have that tendency sometimes. :-)

>If a string doesn't break on a harpsichord or fortepiano within a couple
>years, you must be leading a charmed life <g>.

Actually, I was referring to the fortepiano. Believe me, I'm well aware of
the harpsichord breakage(s)!

I have no experience at all with a fortepiano (yet) so don't even know
what kind of wire is used on them. So I guess I'd better save all this
information and links for future use. 'Ya think? :-)

>Or is your retirement that close at hand?

Not really. Probably at least 5-6 yrs. if I can.

Avery