fingerprints

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:32:45 +0100

Hello,

I'd suggest that you don't file the hammers if you feel they need to
be replaced.
Doing that you will be stuck with worn hammers for a longer time ,
sell the good job first.

If you can't tune because too large groves just break the angles,
anyway never file a hammer to the point you don't see the old grooves
anymore.

If you don't mate hammers back to stings after filing you will have
trouble, so it is not a so simple job.

The case may be polished, probably someone used a product on them. Try
to clean all the product before trying to renew the case. A lot of
work if it have to be done by hand rubbing. Any product for shining
cases contain some silicone, and then the rubbing don't work.

A lot of dust if machine used , really too much to be allowed in a
normal place.

Hope that help.

Isaac OLEG