Peabody Position

Scott Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:11:06 -0600

Hello fellow CAUTs,

I just received this position announcement from Mary Schwendeman of Peabody
Institute who asked that I post it to the list:
------------------------------
PIANO TECHNICIAN

THE PEABODY INSTITUTE OF THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY

The Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore,
Maryland, is seeking a full time piano technician to assist the Chief Piano
Technician in the care of 180+ pianos.Responsibilities include : tuning,
including concert level tunings,voicing, servicing, regulating, repairing,
rebuilding, stringing & cleaning of pianos. Will supervise the moving of
pianos both within and external to Peabody. Schedule work assignments and
give instructional training to graduate assistants to the department.

Candidates must posess 3-5 years experience working in the field and / or a
graduate from a technical school. Must be able to demonstrate complete
knowledge of the interior working parts of the piano and the skill to
analyze problems, do repairs, tune quickly and accurately at a concert
level. Advanced skills in action regulation, rebuilding and voicing are
strongly preferred. Evening and weekend hours will be required during the
performance season.

Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Mary Schwendeman – Peabody
Institute of JHU- 1 East Mount Vernon Place – Baltimore, MD 21202  or call :
443-310-6186.  We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package
which includes the Johns Hopkins University tuition remission benefit in a
smoke free / drug free environment.
EOE / AA
--------------------------------

Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano - Instrument Technician
Operations Manager, Lovett Auditorium
Murray State University, Murray, KY
mailto:scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Revised & Redesigned (Work Website)
http://campus.murraystate.edu/staff/scott.thile/index.html
New (My faith)
http://campus.murraystate.edu/staff/scott.thile/Christian/index.html
(Ham Radio Website )
http://campus.murraystate.edu/staff/scott.thile/k4set/index.html
(Family Website)
http://campus.murraystate.edu/staff/scott.thile/family/index.htm
(Nickel Creek Website) http://www.nickelcreek.com/
"If we see some admirable work of human art, we are at once eager to
investigate the nature, the manner, the end of its production; and the
contemplation of the works of God stirs us with an incomparably greater
longing to learn the principles, the method, the purpose of creation. This
desire, this passion, has without doubt been implanted in us by God. And as
the eye seeks light, as our body craves food, so our mind is impressed with
the .... natural desire to know the truth of God and the causes of what we
observe."   [Grigen (185-254 AD, student of, and successor to Clement of
Alexandria.]