Hamburg/ New York

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:06:43 +0100

Dennis Johnson wrote:

> Hello-
>
> How much difference is there really between
> a Hamburg C and D?

A "C" is a beautifull instrument to be sure. For its length, perhaps the best
made now or in recent past. But the extra length a D gives is a must if you are
going to be in a full sized concert hall, or competing acoustically with more
then just a very few other instruments. In the end the biggest difference is in
the bass. The best of the C's will be really sweet, but a good D will leave
your body awash with waves of whipperoes.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.