Which Partial ?

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 14:34:23 -0500

To try to clarify things, it's not the 2oct+M3rd, it's the 3oct+M3.

So the interval would be a 24th, ie: C1 to E4.  This is a test I use for
the lowest octave.

That interval is part of a chord I play to test: I, V in oct 3 and I, III,
VI in oct 4, hold with sos pedal
and play the root in the low bass. The III in the 4th oct. being the one to
cause the strongest beat.
For me, this produces a louder and longer sustaining sound than ghosting.

So that was be the oct type I was wondering about.

I tuned an Austin-Wieght 48" upright yesterday (ugh) and the bass came out
clean.
But a D today had the lowest notes set around +4c to +6c. Evidently the D
didn't need as much
stretch in the bass.

Jon Page