Accu-just HPs in Steinway D :(

Michael Jorgensen jorge1ml@cmich.edu
Fri May 31 07:33 MDT 2002

Scott,
    Are you sure they lowered the plate?   Wouldn't there already be room to
"play with the downbearing" if the alloquot plates were taken away?
    I would avoid rebuilding it, if it's not too late.   Your heroic measures
to restore it to original may result in disaster, i.e. hitch pins popping out,
which might be a safety concern.    Work with what's there.   If the end result
isn't great, you have plenty of excuse, since they didn't want to spend the
money to send it back to Steinway for a new plate etc.

Just my thoughts.
-Mike