rubber casters for Steinway

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri May 3 12:11 MDT 2002

Thanks, Lance. I take it you are saying the Darnell caster stem fits the
Steinway socket, and there is clearance for the caster to rotate. With
Faultless casters, when I tried to do this some time ago once, I found I
had to remove the socket, plug and drill for the smaller diameter socket
(to fit the smaller diameter stem). And then, after all that, the caster
wouldn't swivel, so I had to shim and remove wood. A real can of worms.
If Darnells will just pop in, that will be wonderful.
Fred