hammer irons?

Tim Coates tim.coates@wapin.com
Wed Jan 23 17:42 MST 2002

John,

Schaff sells hammer irons, but they are 80 watt irons.  With that much
power the felt can burn.  I don't know who at Schaff came up with that one.

Pianotek has 40 watt irons, which are perfect.

Or you can order the brass attachment from Pianotek and buy the soldering
iron from a hardware store.  The Pianotek attachments have a smaller shank
that fits the 40 watt iron.  The Schaff attachments have a larger shank
that fits the 80 watt iron.  The larger shank can be reduced with a
grinding wheel to fit the 40 watt iron.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota