CTE-Master Tuning

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Jan 8 11:42 MST 2002

Richard,

Yep. I'm aware the FAC numbers can change some with humidity changes,
etc. but I guess I'd just never thought about things changing since
it was an aural tuning, recorded into the SAT III. What got me to
checking further was when I discovered I no longer had a smooth
progression of 3rds and that has always been one of my MAIN things,
especially in the temperament octave.

Makes things interesting, though. :-)

>I suppose you are tuning to an ETD recorded master tuning and finding that
>given a different season or some other such factor the master doenst sound
>so good anymore ?..

Which Don? :-)

Avery