Workload-"condition"

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:24 MDT 2002

Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> The first "shortcoming" as printed in the Guidelines, is that "it is
> seen by many as an unrealistic ideal compared to the 'real world'
> conditions." Why is that? I think it is seen as such, because the
> workload formula doesn't reflect the actual TIME spent on taking care
> of x number of pianos. And that is the bottom line. And that has been
> my main argument.
> Wim

Wim,
	If you believe the Guidelines have the sentence you have quoted above,
you are mistaken. That sentence was written by me this past summer. It
is contained in the article which appeared in the October PTJ, and was
also posted to the caut page. The Guidelines to Effective Institutional
Piano Maintenance is also available on the caut page. It is definitely
not to be confused with my article, which, by the way deals only with
one small part of the Guidelines - the workload formula. The workload
formula is the only portion of the Guidelines I have been addressing.
Fred