tuning & teaching

Steve Kabat s.kabat@csuohio.edu
Mon Apr 29 13:24 MDT 2002

Yo list- Jeff  Tanner is right on.  I was considering teaching a "pianotech" class here until I realized that if the bean-counters caught on, they might out-source my job. The reasoning being that' if this guy has time to teach a class plus tune, maybe we can save his salary/benefits and just hire 2 part -timers.'  The Vice Presidents for Finance at these august institutions do not know anything about what we do-all they see is the cost/benefit anal-ysis. They could care less about whether we are pros or RPT's or whatever else we call ourselves.  We have to stop discounting our hard-earned knowledge and our time so that the part-time voice teacher's piano is "perfectly" in tune every day of the year.  End of rant.steve kabat  s.kabat@csuohio.edu