Workload-"condition"

Scott Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Mon Apr 29 13:19 MDT 2002

With all do respect....

Does anyone here remember the political fiasco and resulting flame war that
erupted on the pianotech listserv several years ago (I think it was in '95 -
'96 and lead up to the convention)? It eventually spawned the PTG-L so that
the rest of us could get on with our work. The tone of the posts is starting
to remind me that time on pianotech.

For what it's worth.... The existing guidelines should be required reading
for anyone wanting to join in helpful dialogue on the revisions of the
formula or the guidelines. They are available for free on the CAUT website
in either HTML or PDF format:

http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/guidlines_pg.htm

The published HO version of this document is a great thing to have on file
if your working in academia. For what it's worth: I've been in full time
CAUT work for 7 years out of the 25 I've been in piano technology overall,
and I'm only starting to learn the ropes of working in this environment. I
appreciate all the work that has gone into to the CAUT aspect of this
profession. The Guidelines document was extremely helpful to me when getting
my feet wet here, and it continues to be useful when I need to negotiate for
more resources. It needs updating to be sure, but it's not that far off the
mark in my opinion.

Scott