tuning and teaching

Terry Neely tlneely@mindspring.com
Fri Apr 26 05:30 MDT 2002

    Interesting and timely. I have always been amazed at the number of
piano majors that have not even seen the inside of a piano, much less
understand even the basics of touch, temperament, or tone production. I
have been giving serious thought to putting together a seminar aimed at
students (and faculty and administration) that addresses these issues.
    Any suggestions? Have any of you done this before? Pitfalls?
                                Thanks in advance,
                               Terry Neely RTP chapter
                                VERY part time North Carolina State
Univ.