uncomfy

Mary Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 22 14:12 MDT 2002

Michelle,

Don't go back. Make some excuse, anything, send him to a colleague.
Assert yourself, girl. If necessary, tell him he makes you
uncomfortable and hang up on him! There is absolutely no point in
putting yourself in a position that is uncomfortable. Similar things
have happened to me, and I have finally learned that it is not okay
for a customer (or anyone!) to behave that way with me. One time,
when a weird guy called me back, I asked a male friend to go with me.
He brought a book and just hung out. Boy, was I relieved. The client
was surprised, and never called me back after that! You can be polite
and friendly, but firm. But don't put your well-being (physical or
mental) in jeopardy for some damn piano tuning!

Mary