Problem with Humidifier Pads in Dampp-Chaser Climate Control Systems

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Fri Apr 19 15:52 MDT 2002

------=_NextPart_001_0015_01C1E7B9.8108FB20
Hello list,

We have discovered a problem with Dampp-Chaser Humidifier pads and post =
this note to inform as many technicians as quickly as possible.  Thank =
you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

The following is written by Bob Mair, CEO and Chief Quality Engineer at =
Dampp-Chaser.  Attached is a memo to our distributors describing the =
details associated with this issue.

Gayle and I are traveling, so for further information please contact the =
company at 800-438-1524.

Sincerely,

Roger Wheelock, VP
Dampp-Chaser Corp.

"If you purchased and installed a Dampp-Chaser System from your =
distributor
between February 14, 2002 and April 17, 2002, it may contain Humidifier =
Pads
that don't absorb water.  If you have a System on hand that has a
manufacturing date between February 10, 2002 and April 16, 2002, it may
contain Pads that don't absorb water.

If either of the above are true, please call us at 1-800-438-1524 and we
will send you replacement Pads.  Please describe whether you need =
vertical
or grand.

As much as possible, please do this before May 31, 2002 because we need =
put closure to it.

Since most of you check the System for proper operation before you leave =
the
installation, you would probably have noticed that the Pads weren't =
wicking.
It's easy to spot a good pad.  Just put a drop or two of water on it.  =
It
will turn dark blue immediately.  Water on the non-absorbent Pads will =
bead
up.  If you used a Smart Heater Bar in your installation and the Pads =
were
bad, and if the Humidistat was calling for humidity, the red light would
blink immediately.

You don't have to send the non-absorbent Pads back and proof of purchase
isn't necessary.  We simply want your installation to be effective.
However, we ask that you not take advantage of this if it is not =
applicable.

We are not suggesting that you go out and change Pads on all the Systems =
you
installed during this period.  We just want you to be cognizant of this
problem, and make whatever changes are required in the course of your =
normal
operation.  Fortunately we are coming into the summer months during =
which
Humidifier operation is not required as frequently as during the winter
months.

In order to reach as many technicians as possible with this information, =
we
ask that you mention it during your PTG Chapter meetings.

The attached letter to the Dampp-Chaser distributors provides background
information."

Bob Mair, CEO
Chief Quality Engineer
Dampp-Chaser Corp.=20