Concert Load

Wed Apr 17 11:25 MDT 2002

Hi Avery

We have two C's that get 4 hours service between them weekly. Every tuesday
from 8 to 12 am I get them to do what I see fit with. They also get tuned
from time to time just before a concert or a recording.

These instruments see about 10 hours a week hard use. Very little of my time
goes to maintaining the tuning. They sit well and its about once every 6
weeks or so I need to do a major rework of the tuning. Both are allways
tuned together, and I compare them both individually, and note by note
together.

Sometimes I dip into the 4 hours to get other pressing jobs done around
campus. I am fortunate enough to have just 51 modern and 1 historical
instrument all in one building. But then I only have 21 hours a week for 40
weeks to keep them all in shap with, and 4 hours each week are given away to
just these 2 instruments.

Sometimes things get hectic.... around exams time, and during auditions for
new students, and just before X-mas. Of course start up is allways a buzz.
But this job is the best thing for me at this point in my career, very
challanging,  very stable, and just around the corner.... so I love it !

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne