getting the word out

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue Apr 16 08:17 MDT 2002

At our meeting in Rochester, one of the things we talked about is "getting
the word out" about the workload. I talked with my chair yesterday about
having one of our representatives talk to a group of state music chairs. He
mentioned that that group is very restrictive, and only invites it's own
members, which is usually the representative of each state's main university.
He said the best place for us to go is the College Music Society's
convention, which represents of all the college music departments around the
country. But even that would be small potatoes, because at most, we would be
allowed to give a presentation to one of a many work sessions during that
society's convention, where maybe 30 people would come and listen. The best
way for us to make sure our workload gets looked at is to mail a copy of our
guide to all the members of the CMS, which numbers around 2500.

For more information on this group, go to www.music.org. You do have to be a
member, which costs about $115 per year. Maybe one of you is already a
member. Could we get the PTG to pay the dues, to give us access to this
group? My chair said we can buy mailing labels for about $65. That is cheap.
But would the PTG pay to make 2500 copies of the workload brochure?

Just a thought

Wim