high humidity (was tapping strings)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon Apr 15 13:59 MDT 2002

>Ron,
>    If the bridge were most of the cause,  why does the low tenor go so far
>sharp?  It seems to me that if the bridge uniformly grew taller, the
>shorter/higher strings should change most?
>-Mike

You're right Mike, it should. I wasn't saying the bridge was the major
player, just another factor. If the soundboard rise is the major factor,
why doesn't the bass change as much as the low tenor when both bridges are
in the same part of the board? A string at a low breaking % will change
pitch more than a string at a higher breaking % under a similar elongation
change. Is that it, or something else? There are lots of possible causes
besides the laminated board - like you said in your post.

Ron N