Wire stretching

Leif Olsen leifo@image.dk
Sun Apr 7 15:46 MDT 2002

Hej List & Wimblees@aol.com

On 06-Apr-02, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> I pull the string a half step high, then tune the piano, and just before I
> leave, drop the pitch to about 5 cents high....
>
> With private customers I tell them that note will sound a little funny for a
> while, then wit will sound good, I then say, when it becomes bad again, and
> you can't stand it, call me and I'll retune it. It's amazing how few calls I
> get. And when I go back a year later, that string is way out, but the
> customer didn't hear it. It's usually some other note they are concerned
> about.

Very much like the way I often behave and my customers too like yours, but some
day a guy called me, telling that I must have been making a mistake (a year
before), because he had found two adjecent notes with exactly the same pitch.

This strange behavour had captured his attention, not the funny sound untill then.

[the none was a bichord I had made and mounted last time I was there]

--
Pianoshop Leif Olsen

Member Of D.P.I.F. Denmark

http://www.image.dk/~leifo