bearing, loose bridge pins leading to Wapin considerations

David Skolnik skolnik@attglobal.net
Sat Apr 6 06:03 MST 2002

Regarding Wapin ,  I would think its success presupposes the presence of
healthy downbearing configuration, as Ron N  indicated again that this
whole discussion is based upon this, even though, as I have indicated, the
normal pianos that I see are often far from this. To me this means that a
great many of the tonal problems I encounter would likely be resolved by
correcting this issue, even without Wapin.

Another question I asked which, thus far got no takers...about preloading
the board before stringing.  If the cap is as impressionable as it seems,
couldn't the initial tensioning of the strings cause the deep front
indentations?

David Skolnik