tapping strings

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 12:53 MST 2002

If the string isn't in contact with the front (keyboard side) of the bridge,
could this indicate that positive bearing was exaggerated at "high tide"
(maximum moisture content), resulting in damage? This is perhaps the sole
instance where I can agree that, although there is no contact with the front
edge of the cap, there's still positive bearing.

The few instances where I've tapped (gingerly) strings just in front of
bridge pins ("speaking" side), I haven't been able to discern a visible gap
between string and cap -- before tapping.

R. Torrella