tapping strings

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu Apr 4 13:06 MST 2002

David,
    Ron's own post clears up his position on this matter. I misstated due to an
ever increasing faulty memory. I'm glad that Ron decided to respond and clear
the muddy waters.

Greg

P.S. Just so I'm clear Ron, your take is that the expansion of the bridge
causes the string to ride up the pin and then stays there when the bridge
shrinks back down? My question is why doesn't the pin ride up and down with the
bridge? Is it the fact that it is anchored deeper in the wood and the expansion
happens to a larger degree on the woods' surface?

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net