I ask again, was Re: tapping strings

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 10:50 MST 2002

>From what I can gather, either as often as you believe they need to be
tapped or never, ever. :-) Somewhere in the middle is probably a good
equilibrium. Personally, I beginning to lean in the direction of jamming a
very thin piece of
non-hygroscopic composite material into space created when the strings
decide they gotta be straight, then suggesting bridge replacement (composed
of same non-hygroscopic composite).

Anyone got any suggestions on a good non-hygroscopic composite material?
Fiberglass, maybe? :-)

Ron "the other Ron guy" Torrella
  It is so interesting that a simple question has resulted in such a diverse
answer. On the one extreme is the notion that tapping is not only not
needed, but actually bad, and the other notion, which states that it is
needed and should be done. While I would welcome the thought that it is not
needed, I still have not read the answer to my basic question: how often
should strings be tapped, or seated, on the bridge?

  Wim