hey all

Michelle L Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Fri Jul 13 09:50 MDT 2001

ok- for all of you folks that are not at the convention.... ( pffttt...)
wish I was... I have a question that you may be able to help me out with.

I am ( cheerfully and successfully) rebushing actioon centers with the
Renner system on some REALY OLD ( double flanged..)Steinway upright action
parts. I have done the: dampers, hammers and am finishing up the wippens and
am THINKING about doing the jacks too.

All of the action centers have been saturated with tons of vertigris. When
looking to do the jacks, it seems that the whole whippen will have to be put
through this system and that looks to me to be a pain in the rear. ( getting
the whole whippen on the shrink pin..)
My question is this: is there a solution that anyone knows of that will
attack this vertigris , freeing up the jacks to not warrant me going through
the whole process with the jack posts??

I would much rather just squirt something on them to get them going than to
try and work this system on these parts and where they are located. Can you
imagine??? Has anyone ever tried whole whippens on a shrink pin???

These parts are very old, and most of my work has unfortunately been in
trying to reglue the old flanges back together. This is an outside job, and
after all of this , I'm thinking new parts should have been ordered instead.

Oh well..I sure am getting some education in this action.

Thanx for your input!!!
:) michelle stranges

stranges@oswego.edu