Piano horse

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Fri Feb 2 09:20 MST 2001

We have a reduced size keyboard piano that several students are working on.=
  It is a Steinway "B" in a teacher's studio.  Naturally, these students=
 want to do their recitals on it so we're looking at moving it from the=
 studio to the recital hall 2 or 3 times a semester.

I have scrupulously avoided anything that even looks like piano moving in=
 the past, calling professionals when we have had a need.  Fortunately we=
 have lots of professional movers here in Dallas, and we haven't moved=
 pianos all that much.  This 7/8 keyboard changes all that.

Do any of you use the "piano horse" that I've seen at conventions?  Is it a=
 practical thing to consider?  Can one person really move a piano with one?=
  Can an out-of-shape 61 year old consider doing this?

Help!!!!!

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net