Steinway brass logo

Ken Eschete k-eschete@nwu.edu
Wed Apr 11 10:23 MDT 2001

Dear List,
I have this same problem with one of the letters missing.  The solution was
easy.  The hobby shops sell bronzing liquid in several colors.  I painted
in the depression with a color that matched fairly closely, and finished
the match with dry pigments mixed in wax.  The match is very good,
especially from the first row of seats in the concert hall.  No fumes ..
easy to reverse if you mess up on the first try.

Ken Eschete
Northwestern University

--
Ken Eschete				                Phone 847/467-6970
Director of Keyboard Maintenance