budgets

Murphy Mail murphyrlsvm@highlandil.com
Sun Sep 10 11:09 MDT 2000

Dear list,
    I am the new piano tech at SIUE(Southern Illinois Univ. at =
Edwardsville) and have inherited a much neglected situation.  Among =
everything else is the lack of a budget.  Currently I ask the chair for =
what I need and he says ok or has to get the deans approval.  There are =
no tools and very limited supplies here.  I know you all had a =
discussion of this topic a few weeks ago, so at least I know I'm not =
alone with this money problem.  Do any of you out there have a policy on =
campus where the students are charged a fee for using the universities =
pianos?  Our Instrument tech person charges the students $10 per =
instrument per semester to cover her budget for the necessary parts and =
repairs.  I also want to sell some items that were given to us but not =
tagged by the university, our local piano store is not interested in =
selling them on commission, so I guess I'll pursue this venue on my own. =
 Any suggestions? Thanks,
Richard Murphy
SIUE =20