"D" for dampers

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee@humboldt1.com
Thu Sep 7 16:56 MDT 2000

Just a little more on Steinway damper felt.  At HSU I have used only NY
Steinway felt to advantage, have not used Yamaha felt, but a visiting tech.
usec Laoureux felt which had to be replaced because of forming ridges
because of the vertical grain in the wedges. The condition keeps the damper
from settling completely with the attendant after ringing. Also unacorda
zing was more pronounced.

Dan gurnee