Yamaha C3 voicing

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Tue Oct 17 20:41 MDT 2000

I would use tradional methods!  Try with a single needle one stitch deep
just behind the string grooves (which aren't deep?), 11:00 and 1:00.  Those
hammers should have nice resiliency but if they are hard you may need more
stabs.  Personally, I use the steam for desperate situations only like some
Korean makes with the aluminum hammers.  Needles will not penetrate.  With
the setup etc. you are not saving time with steam on normal hammers. IMHO.

David I.