Question

Robert B. Edwardsen edwardsn@mail.rpa.net
Mon Oct 2 06:21 MDT 2000

I would love to hear your comments on this performance and the piano(lets not forget the
hall).  I'm going to hear the same concert in Carneige Hall October 14th.  I have heard
Kissen live three times in the past and have always enjoyed his performances.  He reminds me
of early Rubinstein recordings of the 20's and 30's; very, very intense.  Beethoven did
comment on the Tempest sonata "the strings must break" (I can't remember where I read that
right now).  Perhaps Kissen is to intense for this reviewer and/or that piano/hall.

Rob Edwardsen