Piano Cleaning?

Allen Wright allen.wright@oberlin.edu
Thu May 11 09:33 MDT 2000

Joel,

Your practice of covering pianos interiors is intriguing, and I can see that
it would make a huge difference in keeping them clean. But I'm curious, how
do you know who to charge when one is vandalized? One of the problems here
is that we can never be there, for example, when someone spills coffee into
a piano or something like that, and so we don't know who it is that did it.
Lately we've taken to charging fines to students that we find with any
liquids in the practice rooms.

It's hard for me to imagine something as sensible as piano covers lasting
for more than a week or two around here, unfortunately - how do you do make
that work?

Allen Wright
Oberlin Conservatory