Sizing Guide Rail Bushings

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu Jun 22 09:51 MDT 2000

Hi Avery,

A caul in this context does compress the felt a bit but it
also sizes the hole while the glue sets.

I only use Flitz for polishing metal.  It works better than
anything else I have ever used, and I have used them all.
It will bring a brighter luster to brass capstans polished
on a wheel.  It is expensive to buy but since you need so
little in using it goes a long, long way.  It is available
from Pianotek.

Take your mike to the nail store and get something around
.85 to .95".  Clean them off with a little alcohol before
using.  They likely will have a film of oil on them.

When you know the diameter of the hole cut strips of felt
three times the hole size.  This will allow the edges of the
felt to interlock and give you a nice hole.  Don't try to
cut, tear it.

You _can_ cut felt on a band saw by using double stick tape
and tape the felt to a batten of wood.  You get a nice clean
cut this way.

Hope your bushings go in nice.

		Newton