locking grand covers

Joel Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 12 14:53 MST 2000

on 12/12/00 12:39 PM, Conrad Hoffsommer at hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu wrote:

> Listees,
>
> We will be getting delivery of a new (to us) hamburger S&S D in the very
> near future.
>
> My department head wishes me to investigate locking covers for use on the
> beastie.  What kinds and what success have any of you had?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
> Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
> Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)
>
> Education is the best defense against the media.

Conrad,
Does your German have a lock on the piano?  This locks both the lid and
fallboard.  This has been workable for us.
    Order a padded cover from Jansen (without straps) and add a tag on one
end so you quickly identify how to put the cover on.  Otherwise, we find the
covers put on inside out etc.  We sew and glue a bit of white material cut
like a key for the keyboard end.   Even I put the cover on faster.
    The straps  will constantly ding the finish .
Joel
-- Joel A. Jones
Senior Piano Technician
1501 Humanities Building