THUD

John D. Chapman chapmajd@wfu.edu
Sun Dec 3 13:23 MST 2000

John,
I did tighten all the screws on the underside of the keybed.

However, you may be right about the jack slapping against the tongue of
the hammer flange.  That would produce the right kind of noise, and,
if the action rails were slightly out of line, would
explain why the noise is in those four consecutive notes at the end of a
section, and no other notes.

The jack is not digging into the repetition felt when the key is fully
depressed, but it might still be slapping the flange tongue when the note
is played.

How would you correct this problem?

John Chapman